Manager Process Excellence Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Manager Process Excellence, Legal Collections Program, is responsible for driving the overall Legal Collection process and program management across a network of external suppliers and internal stakeholders for the channel’s operations and promoting a culture of compliance and consumer treatment in line with MCM’s Requirements. The primary responsibilities of this role include strategic management and effective operational coordination across the Legal Collections department and with Legal and Risk and Compliance. The Manager will act as the Single Point of Contact for all Issuer and Regulator Audit requests. The Manager is also responsible for managing, leading, and developing a team of program/process excellence managers. The ideal candidate would possess advanced program management skills and strong business acumen to bring forward and execute (individually or through a team member) on sound recommendations, while managing multiple programs of varying sizes and levels of complexity & acting as a lead in org-level initiatives.
This role requires process and program management skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing against department priorities. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage cross-functional projects, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate an attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously as well as team management skills and ability to develop others.
- Own the Legal Collections (LC) Audit program (which entails complicated problem solving; requires consolidating information from various SMEs; managing approvals from Director+ leadership). This includes all elements of implementation, training, and continuous enhancements to the existing program(s)/processes (examples include internal/issuer/regulatory audit management and response, and maintenance of department level requirements and change management for external suppliers)
- This role will act as the Single Point of Contact for all Audit (Issuer and Regulatory) questions for the department. The Manager will represent the business to external parties.
- Provide support to the network of external suppliers to ensure department level requirements are met
- Assist with department level strategic initiatives on an as needed basis
- Manage and lead a small team of junior process management staff
- Bachelors Degree
5 or more years of relevant business experience in process or program management; people management
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and deal with ambiguity
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work through others
- Masters or Advanced
- Financial Services
- Knowledge of compliance requirements, particularly as applied to debt servicing and collections
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.