Manager, Desktop Support Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Desktop Support Manager role is to supervise all Desktop Support staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of making sure all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Desktop Support functions. This role provides dedicated technology infrastructure support to business units and is primarily supporting the team, including executing the support strategy and supervising the day-to-day operational execution. This individual is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, input on performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. The person will also take the lead to problem resolve by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users.
- Application support for internally developed and vendor applications.
- Conduct platform testing support including test environment management.
- Management of direct reports.
- Run platform problem, incident, capacity and change in partnership with the associated enterprise and wholesale teams.
- Other IT management projects as assigned.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience supervising and/or leading a Desktop Support team.
- Application Desktop Support experience including HP Laptops, Logitech peripherals, Avaya phone systems and other key systems.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including RDP protocols, data delivery layers, and call center technologies.
- Application support experience with Okta, Office 365, Microsoft Office suite, and Adobe products.
- Certifications in CompTIA A+, HDI & ITIL.
- Spanish language skills.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.