Manager, Corporate Strategy Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Manager Corporate Strategy will primarily be focused on planning, facilitating, analyzing and creating comprehensive and compelling materials for the Board of Directors and the senior executive leadership team. In addition, this individual will play a key role in running the 5-year strategic planning process and collaborate extensively with business unit leaders to produce a comprehensive corporate strategic plan.
About the job:
- Support the VP, Corporate Strategy with thought partnership and preparation of agendas and materials for quarterly Board of Directors meetings. Includes creation of Board presentation production schedule, developing content guidelines, gathering financial, operations and strategic content from business units, consolidating materials across business units, proof-reading, editing, identifying inconsistencies, cross-checking and validating financial data
- Interface regularly with executive leaders to understand business unit financial results, operational strategies, key objectives, risks, and opportunities to ensure accurate interpretation and clarity of information contained in executive-level and board of director presentations
- Help coordinate the 5-year strategic planning processes including working with business units to understand strategic priorities, assessing and interpreting financial and strategic materials and helping to tailor and consolidate business unit materials into Board level presentations
- Assist with strategy development through the ability to structure complexproblems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses, develop insights and suggest recommendations. Includes preparing compelling materials to communicate results to senior executives
- Support competitor analysis process including reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements, reviewing financial metrics, tracking results and developing trend reports and comparisons
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Economics.
- 5 plus years relevant work experience.
- Experience at a public-company experience, preferably in a finance-oriented role.
- Strong project and process leadership skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver work on tight timelines.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must have advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop compelling and high-quality Board-level presentation materials.
- Strong analytical, financial and critical thinking skills. Ability to review P&L Statements, Balance Sheets, etc.
- Ability to establish relationships with global executives; possess influencing skills and have ability to work collaboratively to become a trusted partner.
- Management Consulting background.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Finance or related field.
- CPA or other financial certification.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.