Legal Assistant Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
Are you a self-motivated individual looking to get your foot in the door in the legal field? The Legal Assistant provides support and assistance to the Internal Legal Collections group with various administrative and reporting tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail. This position requires adherence to complex processes and directions. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in maintaining our file system with much of the filing being done electronically through our Legal Software.
- Open and sort Internal Legal mail daily.
- Scan, print and compile documents with a high degree of accuracy.
- Work on Legal Software and complete task based work.
- Maintain Internal Legal Check-In meeting minutes (and others as requested).
- Ad hoc requests from the Legal and Production teams.
- As this role progresses, it may require additional time spent within our Legal systems performing tasks with increasing levels of complexity.
- Tenacity and dedication to results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 1 - 2 years' relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years' work experience in related field.
- Familiarity with legal terms and concepts, specifically legal collections.
- Experience in a high-volume work environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel).
Not sure you meet all the requirements for the role? We encourage you to still apply, as we are hiring across the company and love to speak with great talent no matter their level of experience or background.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.