Junior Performance Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Junior Performance Manager, Consumer Data oversees the relationships with third party data vendors. This individual coordinates the vendor relationship while supporting the company strategy and goals. This person analyzes business drivers at both the partner and project level to handle and improve performance. The Performance Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Performance Management.
- Build and communicate performance plans to get results.
- Bring forward recommendations where a change is vital with internal and externals partners.
- Partake in root cause analysis and the creation of possible solutions to present to leadership.
- Build, lead and deliver strategic project priorities.
- Drive project/partner communications both internally and externally.
- Ensure compliance, including partner compliance, with MCM expectations and vice versa.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0 - 2 years’ experience in a project or process management role, operations management, management consulting. Quantitative and analytic abilities. Strong proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel). Program or relationship management skills, collaboration skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, process management skills. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, organized. Ability to work on multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously. Attention to detail. Strong communication and presentation skills.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.