IT Auditor Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
IT Auditors are responsible for executing and reporting on IT SOX testing, IT internal audits and other ad hoc projects as deemed necessary under the supervision of Senior Auditors. This role assists in planning and executing IT SOX controls testing and internal audits with guidance and supervision. The role is expected to execute within budget and established deadlines. IT Auditors are expected to identify, assess and report on issues and process improvements noted during execution of IT SOX testing / audits / projects as well as present findings and results of projects to process owners and business leaders. Staff Auditors will also interact with key business channel / process managers, management, and sometimes with external consultants, and external auditors.
- With guidance and supervision from Senior Auditors, test IT controls identified as relevant for the adherence to section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002. Perform Tests of Design and Tests of Operating Effectiveness, conduct walk-throughs, and request, obtain and test audit evidence, meeting deadlines and budget.
- Execute assigned steps on internal audits (Planning, Gaining an Understanding, Fieldwork). Assist the Senior Auditors on subsequent Reporting and Wrap-up activities with their supervision.
- Identify issues and make recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies. Follow-up on those issues and test remediation efforts.
- Administrative duties: time-keeping, assisting in reports, team meetings, completing required training's, assisting on departmental programs like Quality Assurance, and other administrative tasks.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's FIELD OF STUDY: MIS, Computer Science, or other degree related to IT audit field
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of IT audit experience (including IT SOX testing). Individual is expected to exhibit basic audit knowledge, specifically for IT controls testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- IT, Auditing, SOX controls testing (IT)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products
- Ability to follow guidelines and identify and resolve problems. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s + FIELD OF STUDY: MIS, Computer Science, other
EXPERIENCE: Experience working for a publicly traded company in a similar role
CERTIFICATION(S): CISA, CPA/CIA
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.