Incident Response Analyst Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $97,800.00 - $127,000.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
The Incident Response Analyst will be responsible for the timely detection, analysis, and response to security incidents that occur within the organization. The role requires a strong background in proactively identifying and responding to security threats through advanced threat hunting techniques and developing and implementing detection mechanisms to improve our security posture. The Incident Response Analyst will work closely with other teams to ensure the timely resolution of incidents. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, and be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and security threats.
- Act as the primary point of contact for incident response activities within the organization
- Coordinate and execute incident response activities, including containment, investigation, and resolution
- Develop and implement threat hunting techniques to proactively identify and respond to security threats
- Develop and implement detection mechanisms to improve our security posture
- Analyze security data from various sources to identify patterns and trends that may indicate potential security threats
- Develop and maintain incident response plans, procedures, and playbooks
- Work collaboratively with other teams to ensure effective and timely incident response
- Conduct post-incident analysis and document findings, recommendations, and lessons learned
- Provide support to other security-related initiatives and projects as needed
- Stay current with the latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent training and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience in incident response, information security, or a related field
- Understanding of common security threats and attack vectors
- Knowledge of incident response processes and procedures
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, and CIS Controls
- Experience with threat hunting and detection tools such as SIEM, EDR, and SOAR
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience with frameworks such as National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF)
- 3+ years experience with hands-on development and programming of software and systems
- 3+ years cloud security experience with platforms such as Azure, AWS, Office365
- Relevant industry certifications, such as GIAC, or CISSP are a plus
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits package. The candidate may be expected to work outside of normal business hours and/or 24/7 response availability for response activities and operational emergencies.
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.