Human Resources Generalist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) provides support in all Human Resources functional areas (Benefits, ER, Communications, Total Rewards, Recruiting), maintains the accuracy of data in the HRIS system and serves as a single point of contact for all employee relations issues. Partnering with management, the HRG Manager supports career development of employees and works with leaders to identify and develop talent across the organization. The HRG works closely with employees and management to advise on and facilitate key Human Resources processes and issues. This will often require handling sensitive information, partnering in difficult situations, helping facilitate change, coaching and upskilling leaders across the organization and acting as an employee champion. The HRG also assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and works closely with others on the HR team and in management to develop integrated solutions.
- Lead the development of employee programs and communications to foster a positive, collaborative and engaged environment
- Lead the education, communication and support of HR initiatives by partnering with business leaders to drive performance management, employee development, adherence to company policies and procedures and HR administration (NHO, benefits, compensation, employee relations, etc.)
- Manage resolution of employee relations investigations to ensure fair, consistent and proper resolution in consideration of company policy, procedures and values
- Partner with leaders and managers to develop direct reports and talent including employee assessment programs and development plans
- Support recruitment of talent, manage new hire on boarding and develop general strategies to attract, retain and develop employees
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in progressive HR roles
- Proficiency with federal labor law, state labor law, leave of absence, workers compensation, and safety
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- HRIS experience
- Master’s Degree; Psychology, Sociology, or Organizational Development
- 5-8 years of experience in progressive HR roles
- Proficiency in Organizational Development
- PHR, SPHR,
- Workday HRIS
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.