Human Resources Business Partner Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $87,900.00 - $114,199.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) works closely with employees and management to advise on and facilitate key Human Resources processes and issues. This will often require handling sensitive information, partnering in difficult situations, helping facilitate change, coaching and upskilling leaders across the organization and acting as an employee champion. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and works closely with others on the HR team and in management to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy to best support our leaders in requisite conversations and problem solving.
- Assist business in navigating functional aspects of HR such as hiring needs, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, unemployment, etc. and other aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Lead the education, communication and support of HR initiatives by partnering with business leaders to drive performance management, change management, employee development, adherence to company policies and procedures and HR administration (on-boarding, benefits, compensation, employee relations, etc.).
- Manage resolution of employee relations concerns to ensure fair, consistent and proper resolution in consideration of company policy, procedures and values.
- Partner with HR specialized areas (Total Rewards, Talent Sourcing & Management, Learning and Development, etc.) to provide solutions to client groups on tactical day-to-day initiatives. Support HR initiatives such as open enrollment, wellness initiatives, re-organizations, acquisition integrations, HR technology change adoption, etc. to ensure success.
- Partner with leaders and managers to develop direct reports and talent including employee assessment programs and development plans.
- Partner with members of the HR team and the business to work on other projects, as assigned.
Required: Bachelor; Bachelor's or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Required: 6-8 years experience in progressive HR roles. Proficiency with federal and state labor law, employee relations, leaves of absence, workers' compensation, and safety. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. HRIS.
Preferred: 6-8 years in an HR Business Partner role in an environment requiring significant change management consulting. Knowledge of compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, learning and development and organizational development and change management strategies and best practices. Project management experience. Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.