HR Operations Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The HR Operations Manager will play an integral role in contributing to the development of a robust HR infrastructure and furthering the service model strategy of the HR department. Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of Global HR policies, procedures, including employee experience as it relates to interacting with HR's technology. Responsible for ensuring compliance and regulations are met in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Lead and manage the employee experience as it relates to the tools, systems and resources of HR. Including policy and SOP updates, HR SNOW and related resources.
- Liaison to external departments and subsidiaries. Single point of contact for internal partners (legal, ERM, etc.) to ensure HR processes, policies are in compliance and meet signoff criteria, as well as for issuer audit requests. Act as single point of contact for best practice sharing with domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Lead, design and provide People data reporting, metrics & analytics to help inform, influence, support and execute our business decisions.
- Project management and other key projects as assigned
- Bachelor (HR or related field).
- 8+ years HR generalist or HR Operations experience
- Project management, proven process improvement.
- highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word /Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint); very comfortable with Excel formulas, pivot tables and v-lookups
- Financial or Corporate experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.