Head of Risk and Compliance Job Description
About the job:
The Head of Risk and Compliance designs and evolves the risk and compliance management program for a high growth business unit within a global corporate enterprise. They will collaborate with the Business Development team to design risk and compliance programs for new market entry and new product design, as well as partner with the business operations teams to implement regulatory and compliance changes and evolve our risk framework. This role is primarily focused on strategic planning, designing, and building effective risk management. This person is also responsible for supervising, developing, and mentoring global staff and influencing effective outcomes through teams. The Head of Risk & Compliance interacts with executives and senior management and will play a key role in regulatory examinations. This individual promotes a culture of compliance and control through training and interactions.
- Direct policy Framework and Administration, Regulatory Preparedness, CFPB Rules readiness and Regulatory Audit Management for Encore Advantage
- Develop, lead, review, communicate and maintain corporate compliance policies and procedures.
- Develop an annual compliance risk assessment / testing plan to monitor the state of compliance and evaluate related controls. Lead or participate in risk assessments, support testing, and provide related reporting.
- Develop and advise the firm's overall risk and compliance strategy, assess compliance risks and report to executive management on the state of risk and compliance.
- Acts as a liaison with regulatory agencies, internal and external advisors, and other internal control groups on compliance-related issues.
- Works with management to establish an appropriate compliance culture throughout the firm the development of any specialized training programs.
- Partner with the Legal Department on the design and assessment of the compliance program. Drive implementation of new or changed regulations, consent orders or other changes in the business.
Ideally 10+ years business experience working for a publicly traded financial services company in a compliance related legal or risk role. Individual is expected to be subject matter authority on consumer compliance with the experience engaging and monitoring regulatory interactions, monitor and report on exposures.
Knowledge of Regulatory affairs, Consumer lending compliance or Risk Management.
Experience in sub-prime consumer lending, financial or legal services. Ability to quickly identify issues, recommend creative solutions to mitigate compliance issues. Capability to effectively strategize on continuous improvement on all compliance matters. Effective negotiation, persuasion, and communications skills, including ability to resolve and report / handle advanced issues.
Technical expertise to be an internally and externally reliable, knowledgeable resource. Excellent communications and relationship skills with executive management. Ability to develop and exercises business plans, policies and procedures and may also be responsible for various projects to improve efficiencies.
Position StatusFull time