Encore Capital Group Director Tax Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $156,900.00 - $203,799.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
The Director, Tax will have primary responsibility for directing worldwide financial reporting and domestic tax return preparation and filing while ensuring SOX and internal audit compliance. The Director, Tax will have shared responsibility for the worldwide strategic role of the corporate tax department identifying and leading strategic planning priorities. The Director, Tax will report into the VP Tax and manage two direct reports and direct external professional tax resources in accomplishing the financial reporting and compliance functions.
- Direct preparation and review of ASC 740 quarterly and annual tax provisions including worldwide consolidation
- Maintain, develop, and update tax reporting and compliance calendars
- Lead or support worldwide tax planning projects
- Responsibility for completion of federal and state income / franchise tax returns, extensions, estimated tax payments and supporting work papers
- Analyze and improve tax function processes, document and update tax function internal controls
- Support international tax compliance and reporting
- Manage domestic staff and external professional tax resources in accomplishing financial reporting and tax return compliance
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Big 4 experience preferred with federal and state income tax compliance, reporting and audits – 10+ years
- Deep expertise (10+ years) in ASC 740 and related US GAAP pronouncements
- Experience in international tax reporting and US tax law application
- Experienced in knowledge, interpretation and application of U.S. tax law and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel
- Working knowledge of One Source Tax software
- Experience in WorkDay ERP a plus
- Public company experience
Required: Bachelor's in Accounting and CPA
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.