Director, IT Software Development Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the job
The Director, IT Software Development owns the ongoing development, deployment and production support of critical business systems. This role is a main interface point for defined business and IT partners.
- Collaborate with business users and both internal and external IT customers to design, develop and deploy the best solutions to ensure high level of customer service.
- Develop and establish departmental standards and procedures. Assures team members adhere to technical standards, estimation guidelines and best practices. Hold regular status meetings with global IT team members.
- Drive development projects to completion; build, execute and revise project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifier resources needed and assigns individual
- Run day-to-day operational aspects with a focus on scope.
- Management of IT Managers and individual contributors.
- Partner with IT senior management globally to develop strategic and tactical plans, and budgets to support global business strategies to achieve all plan objectives.
- Responsible for application systems development and maintenance across multiple technology platforms.
- Work with internal business teams to evaluate client requirements, service levels, business processes and other contractual requirements.
- Bachelor; Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development; 5+ years managing teams.
- Experience implementing enterprise solutions based on either J2EE or .NET
- Experience implementing Event-driven architecture, Streaming data, and Microservices-based Solutions
- Business and operation experience and offshore management experience are critical.
- DevOps based software development teams.
- Consistent record of developing, deploying, and delivering quality solutions
- Experience leading large collaborative development efforts, preferably in the context of large-scale sequencing and analysis projects
- Experience running and coordinating with IT teams to maintain secure tools and applications
- Experience in leading different workstreams and coordinating tasks with internal teams and outside consultants
- Master or Advanced; Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.