Desktop Engineer IV Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Desktop Engineer IV is a hybrid role of Desktop Engineering and Systems Administrator responsible for supporting several end user facing platforms and their infrastructure. This role implements systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance to end user facing systems as part of a cross functional team to ensure seamless end user experiences across virtual and physical environments.
- Design the processes and technologies required to implement, support, organize, modify, and maintain the company's core desktop infrastructure.
- Develop and execute enterprise-wide plans regarding operating systems including installation and ongoing administration.
- Design, implement, and maintain standard architecture for endpoints.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with teams across IT to ensure core desktop architecture adheres to enterprise standards, and delivered systems are scalable, resilient, secure, performant, highly available, and easy to operate.
- Ensure all core desktop support infrastructure work is in alignment with the overall Enterprise Architecture framework, IT strategy, strategic drivers and standards.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Assess systems requirements and designs against best practices, technology advances, industry standards, and business needs.
- Manage projects and develop technical guidance, design patterns, and standards; collaborate with IT project stakeholders in the development and evaluation of compliant technical solutions.
- Provide direction on implementing feasible, efficient solutions to the overall system architecture and designs to meet business needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert to conduct training sessions for the deskside support and other teams in the department.
- Strong Troubleshooting skills and understanding of system interconnectivity of all infrastructure components and how they should interact.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Expert in core desktop infrastructure and desktop virtualization environments.
- Azure/Active Directory experience including Group Policy management, DNS and DHCP.
- Strong understanding of patch management policies , procedures , tools and corresponding infrastructure.
- In-depth experience with current computing platforms, Windows 10/11 and Mac OS.
- Sophisticated technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware.
- Demonstrated knowledge of server virtualization concepts both cloud and on-prem.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company in a similar role.
- Proven record of deploying large-scale, sophisticated applications used in business-critical operations.
- Strong knowledge of compute, storage, network, load-balancing, scalability, availability and how it all interconnects.
- Experience in working both independently and with multi-discipline teams.
- Strong SCCM and/or Intune Knowledge.
- Okta administration and Workflows experience.
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $88,800.00 + (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.