We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Data Analyst is primarily responsible for utilizing tools such as Power BI, Salesforce, Excel, and SQL to perform in-depth analysis on market intelligence and portfolios to be valued. The analyst will diligence, analyze, and load portfolios into our database and preserve its data integrity. By orchestrating innovative projects, the analyst will develop new processes that drive business objectives and increase operational efficiencies.
About the Job
- Can execute a process independently, accurately, and timely with the ability to solve problems with low complexity using technical and analytical skills
- Verify, extract, transform, append, and standardize data from disparate data types and sources to meet system/business requirements
- Create and monitor reports to preserve data quality, identify critical issues, trends, and opportunities
- Analyze multiple data sets to support business initiatives (e.g. profitability, performance, and variance analysis)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve open issues and build effective partnerships
- Develop and maintain business processes to increase operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Design data warehousing architecture
- Bachelor; Quantitative field
- 0 - 2 years of experience in an analytical / quantitative role, or equivalent education
- Technical — Proficient with MS Office; ability to write, analyze, and develop SQL code (Optional: Power Bi, Azure Synapse, R, Python)
- Experience working with large relational databases is a plus
- Critical thinking – must be able to derive insights and identify trends from a given data set
- Communication – Data analysts collaborate with a variety of audiences. Must be able to effectively communicate using different mediums (oral and written)
- Agile – Data analysts must understand the requirements and be flexible and dynamic in their approach
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.