We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Data Analyst is primarily responsible for managing department databases for the Inventory Management department and ensuring data quality is achieved and maintained. This includes establishing processes to monitor data quality and resolve any irregularities by assessing impacts, alerting stakeholders and driving progress toward resolution. The Data Analyst works with business stakeholders to help define user requirements, test and implement new systems and processes to support business needs. This person also develops and runs analyses, tools and ad-hoc reports to support business needs and opportunities. The role works closely with teams across multiple geographies across the globe. The Data Analyst will use tools such as SAS, SQL Server, Excel as well as source systems and best practices to accomplish these objectives. The person will also document best practices and add to and maintain a resource library for analyst teams.
About the Job
- Write SQL and SAS code to implement technical solutions to execute business strategy / processes.
- Develop and maintain the monitoring of reports and analytical tools to ensure accuracy, identify trends / issues / opportunities.
- Perform ad hoc data extraction, analyses and segmentations as required.
- Work with IT to test new data repositories to support the business.
- Bachelor in a Quantitative field (Economics preferred).
- Strong desire to design and develop data processes and reports to support business initiatives.
- Appropriately communicate technical concepts with people of varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Basic understanding of databases, SQL, data mining techniques.
- Eager desire to learn data management concepts and terminology including data warehouse concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.