Corporate Communications Specialist (Contract) Job Description
About the Job
MCM/ Encore is looking for a Corporate Communications Specialist position to join us on a temporary contract basis. This temporary position will provide communications support to the company’s Corporate Communications function. This work includes writing, editing and providing strategic counsel to various departments throughout the company for internal communications needs. The position requires a proactive, resourceful and self-starting person that can help to amplify our communications efforts across several geographies. The position will require strong writing skills that will be able to support drafting, editing, and proofreading content for email communications, employee intranet content, social media posts, internal TV messaging, and more. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess basic graphic design and video editing skills to help create compelling graphics/visuals and short videos that aid in the communications listed above. Responsibilities include:
- Researching and writing material including articles, emails, announcements and general employee communications.
- Designing graphics for email communication, intranet stories, social media, newsletters, and TV signage displays.
- Developing and post content for corporate website, intranet and digital signage displays.
- Filming and editing
- Catalog and maintaining of all communication materials across various platforms (Information Architecture)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills required
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- Ability to run multiple projects and meet deliverables
- Adobe Premier Pro experience a plus
Position is a minimum of three months but could go longer; up to one year.
Position StatusFull time