Auditor Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
To support our goals as an industry leader, we are seeking an Associate Auditor to join our dynamic Internal Audit team in our San Diego office. The Associate Auditor is responsible for executing and reporting on internal audits and other ad hoc projects as deemed necessary. This role is primary focused on the day-to-day operational execution (100% Transactional).
- Develop audit programs
- Complete audit workpapers and document test results
- Prepare audit reports
- Assist with the SOX compliance process
- Assist in the execution of multiple financial, operational, and compliance audits
- Identify and communicate to various stakeholders the concerns and process improvements noted during execution of audits/projects
- Test internal controls over the financial reporting and disclosure processes
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related concentration
- Ability to follow guidelines and identify and resolve problems
- Knowledge of risk, audit and internal control framework
- Strong communication, time management, and critical thinking/analytical skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Big 4 experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.