Senior Legal Specialist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Legal Department is looking for a Legal Specialist to join our team in St. Cloud. This person will support the organization by serving as a primary representative for telephonic and in-person trials and depositions representing Midland Credit Management and all subsidiaries of Encore Capital Group. Responsibilities include:
- Provide accurate, clear and confident testimony to represent our Legal Collection practices, using strong interpersonal skills.
- Handle affidavits with a high attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of documentation to assist attorneys and paralegals in our St Cloud office.
- Prepare for trials by researching account details to create a comprehensive understanding of the case.
- Be responsible for the proof reading and evaluation of documents.
- Call out non-conforming documents to quickly resolve discrepancies with both internal and external legal partners.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Attention to Detail
- Professional polish and confidence in written and verbal communication
- A can-do attitude with phenomenal work ethic
- Ability to build relationships quickly with collaborators
- 1+ years' experience in a related position
- High School Diploma
- Experience in the Legal and/ or Financial Services field(s)
- 2+ years' professional experience
- Associate's Degree in related field
Not sure you meet all the requirements for the role? We encourage you to still apply, as we are hiring across the company and love to speak with great talent no matter their level of experience or background.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.