Risk and Compliance Officer - Line of Business Compliance Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Risk and Compliance Officer is responsible for promoting a culture of compliance by executing the Company's compliance strategy, as defined by the Compliance Management System. The purpose of this role is to assist the Line of Business Compliance team with developing, directing and maintaining the compliance strategy throughout various business organizations. A successful candidate in this role will have strong skills in partnering with business clients and coordinating cross-functional team projects.
This role requires sound compliance and control skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing against compliance-related priorities. A successful candidate will demonstrate thoughtful judgment in strategic management of compliance initiatives, and efficient and effective operational coordination.
The Risk and Compliance Officer:
- engages with business partners on new business projects and initiatives to advise on compliance risks and controls
- participates in business meetings and advises business partners on compliance implications of decisions
- advises various business units on how to operationalize new or existing legal and regulatory requirements in strong partnership and coordination with MCM’s legal function, while also partnering with Corporate Compliance on tracking implementation
- supports Compliance Issue Management program with business partners, including oversight, consultation, and tracking of corrective action and root cause investigation of issues
- supports Risk and Compliance leadership in advising business partners on development of First Line controls, including drafting and revision of policies/procedures, analysis of consumer complaint trends, and implementation of preventive and detective controls
- performs compliance risk assessments of applicable business coverage areas
- works with business partners to compile custom reports and presentations for the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, senior management, and various committees
- performs other Risk and Compliance department services and projects, as appropriate
- 3 or more years of relevant business compliance experience in highly a regulated industry, preferably financial services; experience withADA, FCRA, FDCPA, EFTA, TCPA, GLBA, SCRA, UDAAP, particularly as applied to debt servicing and collections
- Advanced PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Project, program, or process management experience
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.
Featured Jobs, Recently Viewed Jobs, and Saved Jobs
- Risk and Compliance Officer Program Management Troy, Michigan, Saint Cloud, Minnesota, Roanoke, Virginia 06/16/2022
- Auditor San Diego, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Troy, Michigan, Saint Cloud, Minnesota, Roanoke, Virginia 02/03/2022
- Sr. Corporate Counsel San Diego, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Troy, Michigan 04/21/2022