Marketing Operations Quality Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Marketing Operations Quality Manager supports Marketing efforts across the company, but with primary responsibilities over one company division. As an expert with regards to print and production across the company. The Marketing Operations Quality Manager will be developing, implementing, and improving Marketing strategies including creative design, vendor management, and market research. This is accomplished by implementing, improving and executing on new and current strategies. Monitoring, maintaining and improving existing processes, and collaborating with other departments and external vendors to drive success.
- Establish procedures and processes for sampling, recording and reporting of quality data. Collect, compile, and analyze relevant statistical data to obtain information regarding quality performance including print house and external vendors. Prepare and present reports to update upper management on quality/first line of defense performance indicators.
- Manages and oversees assessment of Marketing processes to develop/enhance in-house quality policies, procedures and specifications. Maintain and monitor adherence to all policy, procedure and SOP documentation.
- Tracks and monitor identified risks along with root cause investigation to support risk mitigation. Develop action plans for future risk prevention.
- Management of direct reports (reporting to the role)
- Manage completion of internal and external audit requests
- Bachelor’s degree
- People Management
- Process Management
- SQL/Coding experience
- Quality Process Management Experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.