IT Desktop Technician I Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Desktop Support I is responsible for providing enterprise level hands on support to business units. Responsible for tracking, resolving and escalating incidents to ensure the highest levels of availability and alignment to service level agreements. Resolve support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. Responsibilities include:
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and general IT support not handled by the Service Desk or which require hands-on support. Diagnose and fix more advanced technical issues.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting and guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions documented within the ticket. Follow up with end users to ensure their IT systems are fully functional.
- Create knowledge for any processes, systems or applications as the need arises.
- Ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction. Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Provide quick and efficient technical support without disruption to business flow. Prioritize and handle several open issues at one time.
- 6 months - 2 years relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with Windows 10 OS.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, Virus Protection, Active Directory, and Network Security Practices.
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners.
- Thorough understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech systems.
- Able to follow guidelines, identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Customer-centric demeanor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company in a Desktop Support Technician or Technical Support Engineer role.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.