Desktop Support Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Desktop Support I position is responsible for providing dedicated technology infrastructure support to business units. This role is primarily focused on the day-to-day operational execution.
About the Job
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering
- Typically 0-2 years business experience; exhibit strong basic executional capabilities and begin to take on more responsibility
- 1-2 years of experience with Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SCCM, Malware / Virus protection, Active Directory administration, Video Conferencing Systems
- 1-2 years supporting client end devices and peripherals
- Ability to follow guidelines and identify and resolve problems
- Must have excellent Customer Service Skills
- Writing process documentation
- Experience working in a remote environment with tools such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Active Directly
- Microsoft Windows 10 A MUST
- We use ServiceNow for Ticketing
- Video Conferencing Systems
- experience with Absolute application
- Rapid 7
- Bomgar-remote access
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.