Senior Human Resources Business Partner Job Description
Here at MCM, we are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
As a strategic partner, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) works closely with both employees and management. The HRBP serves as an advisor to management on Human Resource related issues across multiple U.S. sites, acting as an employee champion and change agent.
- Assess and anticipates HR-related needs and works closely with others within the HR Center of Excellence and business management to develop coordinated solutions
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy regarding assigned client groups
- Leads the education, communication and support of HR initiatives by partnering with business leaders to drive performance management, organizational change, employee development, and adherence to company policies and procedures and HR administration (NHO, benefits, compensation, employee relations, etc.)
- Runs resolution of employee relations investigations to ensure fair, consistent and accurate resolution in consideration of company policy, procedures and values
- Partners with Centers of Excellence (Total Rewards, Recruiting, Learning and development,) to provide solutions to client groups on tactical day-to-day initiatives
- Supports HR initiatives such as open enrollment and wellness activities
- Partners with leaders and managers to develop talent including employee assessment programs and development plans
- Partner with HR Project Management Office group on other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5+ years’ experience in dynamic HR roles
- Employee relations / investigations experience
- Proficiency with federal and state labor law, employee relations, leaves of absence, workers' compensation, and safety
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- PHR, SPHR Certification
- Master’s / Advanced
- 3-6 years in an HRBP role in an environment requiring significant management advising
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits, recruiting, learning and development and organizational development and organizational change strategies and standard methodologies.
- Project management experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
MCM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.