Risk and Compliance Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Line of Business Manager Risk and Compliance is responsible for assisting the Line of Business Risk and Compliance team with developing, directing and maintaining risk and compliance strategy throughout the business organizations, with particular emphasis on the Legal Collections business. A successful candidate in this role will have strong skills in partnering with business clients and coordinating cross-functional team projects. This role requires sound compliance and risk control skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing against compliance-related priorities and organizational risks. A successful candidate will demonstrate thoughtful judgment in strategic management of compliance and risk initiatives, and efficient, effective operational coordination.
The Manager Line of Business Risk and Compliance is also responsible for assisting in execution against the broader Compliance Management System goals and initiatives.
- Advising the Legal Collections business on how to operationalize legal and regulatory requirements in strong partnership and coordination with Encore’s legal function
- Engage with business partners on new business projects and initiatives to advise on compliance risks and controls
- Participate in business meetings and advise business partners on compliance implications of decisions
- Drive Compliance Issue Management program with business partners, including oversight, consultation, and tracking of corrective action and root cause investigation of issues
- Advise business partners on development of First Line controls, including drafting and revision of policies/procedures, analysis of consumer complaint trends, and implementation of preventive and detective controls
- Work with business partners to compile and prepare compliance monitoring presentations for senior management and the company’s board of directors
- Perform compliance risk assessments of applicable business coverage areas
- Partner with Corporate Compliance and business on implementation of new regulations, court rules, and other external requirements
- Partner with Corporate Compliance and business on the Enterprise Risk Management program along with regular coordination with business on various department and organizational risks
- Relevant business Compliance experience of 5 or more years in highly regulated industry, preferably financial services; experience in Legal Collections/Call Center activity, including FDCPA, FCRA, SCRA, GLB, ECOA, EFTA, particularly as applied to debt servicing and collections.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated leadership and executive presence.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
- PMP and/or Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.