Receptionist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Receptionist is responsible for maintaining operations at the front desk including answering incoming calls, directing calls to associates, and greeting visitors. This position serves as the first point of contact when a visitor or employee enters the building, so we are seeking someone who loves to create excellent first impressions. Responsibilities include:
- Welcome on-site visitors, understand nature of business and announce visitors.
- Perform daily Covid-19 temperature checks and health attestations.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and forward to appropriate personnel or take messages.
- Supervise visitor access and issue visitor badges, as the need arises. Maintain accurate visitor calendars and keep daily logs of all badges issued and/or returned.
- Perform basic administrative duties including copying, faxing, data entry, and filing.
- Assist the mailroom with document e-filing.
- Complete any ad hoc requests as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Flexibility to change. Able to prioritize constantly evolving responsibilities.
- Work experience as a Receptionist, Customer Service Representative, or related clerical role.
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Associate's in Office Management, Security, Public Relations, or related field.
Not sure you meet all the requirements for the role? We encourage you to still apply, as we are hiring across the company and love to speak with great talent no matter their level of experience or background.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.