Director, Risk & Compliance Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Director, Risk and Compliance for the United States is responsible for assisting the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer to develop and implement the Compliance Management System for the business and support functions. The ideal candidate is accountable for aiding in the development and implementation of the company's risk management program. The ideal applicant will have strong skills in partnering with business clients, developing, and mentoring team members, and coordinating cross-functional team projects.
This role requires sound leadership skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing strategic compliance initiatives. This person will demonstrate thoughtful judgment in management of compliance initiatives during all phases of implementation, and efficient, effective operational coordination.
About the job:
- Promote and support Compliance Management System (CMS) program for US businesses and support functions. Provide strategic direction to ensure all business and support functions are operating within expected parameters. Plan and execute program enhancements in response to risk assessments, complaints and monitoring results. Also includes oversight of implementation of policies and procedures for covered businesses and functions, monitoring and reviewing complaints and disputes to improve consumer experience and business process, assisting with Compliance monitoring and testing and leading Compliance issue identification and resolution.
- Lead risk management program as it pertains to the US business and support functions. Design and execute risk oversight program for IT and InfoSec. Partner with Corporate Compliance to carry out Compliance Risk Assessments in regular intervals and develop critical initiatives after evaluating results.
- Provide strategic advice to US business leaders to ensure business is succeeding on operational initiatives while staying within desired Risk and Compliance parameters. Advise business on design and establishment of First Line of Defense program to ensure business and functional areas are establishing appropriate oversight of operations and activities including supervising and reporting to senior management.
- Preparing compliance reporting for MCM leadership, support CRCO in reporting for MCM senior management and the company’s board of directors.
- Working with management to establish an appropriate compliance culture throughout the business organizations including the development of specialized training programs.
10+ years proven experience developing risk and compliance programs and frameworks in financial services. Solid understanding of consumer protection laws, including FDCPA, FCRA, SCRA, GLB, ECOA, EFTA and Data Security and Privacy, particularly as applied to debt servicing and collections. Subject matter expertise in all areas of collections, lending and consumer protection laws and regulations.
Microsoft Office experience with excellent leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
Master’s degree or Advanced degree.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.