Paralegal Job Description
Here at MCM, we are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
The Paralegal provides support and assistance to the company's in-house legal group. This position will be responsible for using their knowledge and skills to assist in running the company's litigation / regulatory matters, improve the company's processes, and help to maintain the company's ethical and compliance standards. The position will report to staff counsel and will collaborate with other in-house counsel / paralegals and outside attorneys in pursuit of company goals and objectives.
About the Job
- Noting accounts
- E-filing documents with the court
- Preparing Legal documents
- Handling e-mail inboxes
- Assisting with calendar management
- presenting with courts and counsel to lead dockets
- 1-3 years in a legal specialist position or Paralegal
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, particularly Excel and Outlook
- The ability to quickly learn new systems and adapt to process changes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, organized, volume practice and takes initiative
- The ability to work with people across all levels and areas of expertise
- Knowledge of state or federal e-filing systems
- Experience in a creditor’s law firm and knowledge of legal pleadings
- A Positive demeanor and professional teammate spirit
- High School Diploma
- Paralegal Certificate and/or Degree in Paralegal Studies
- 1 - 2 years customer service or clerical experience. Experience with MS Office. Good interpersonal skills, Data Entry.
- 2+ years work experience in financial services related field. System querying skills. Proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Experience in a large firm or Corporate Environment
- high volume workload
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.