Senior Specialist, Audit and Compliance Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Senior Associate, Internal Audit is primarily responsible for testing of controls as part of Encore’s SOX Compliance Program and MCM India’s ICoFR program. This role will also be responsible for executing and reporting on internal audits, assisting in developing solutions and implementation plans and helping to identify, assess and report issues and process improvements noted during the execution of audits/projects. This role is primarily focused on the day-to-day operational execution of SOX, ICFR, operational, financial, IT and compliance audits. Travel may be required
- SOX & ICFR Compliance Program:Perform testing(Test of Design & Test of Operating Effectiveness - TOD/TOE) for those controls assigned to them during the year.Testing may require travel
- Plan, execute, and report on financial or operational internal audits, including risk identification as part of the audits, assisting the Seniors in writing draft reports, and reporting all findings on Audit Board
- Identify issues (arising either from controls testing or regular audits) and make recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies
2+ years of Internal audit / Internal control experience
- Internal Auditing, SOX controls testing
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products
- Ability to follow guidelines and identify and resolve problems
- Good interpersonal skills
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.